Telecom is offering customers free landline calls on Christmas day.
Retail boss Chris Quin says the move is "a goodwill gesture following broadband outages this week."
The company is also offering free wi-fi at 120 holiday spots.
It is a nice gesture, but what of formal compensation such as free broadband for a period, or cash or kind compo for business?
"We have well established processes for dealing with residential customer concerns on a case-by-case basis and Gen-i is managing the issue of compensation for its clients on an individual basis. Anyone with concerns should call Telecom directly," spokeswoman Joanne Jalfon told NBR.
Around 300,000 Telecom customers suffered broadband blackouts on Tuesday morning and Tuesday night, with tens of thousands again offline Wednesday morning.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Nikko analyst Michael Sherrock on why he still has hope for Fletcher Building
- Tower chairman Michael Stiassny weighs up Suncorp's rival bid
- NBR VIEW: Screw the golfers, let's build houses instead – Green MP
- E tu Union industry coordinator Chas Muir is urging Cadbury supporters to take action
- Social bonds "will make a difference to communities," says APM CEO Karen Came