For Telecom, today at least, bad things happen in threes*.
At midday there was a profit warning.
This afternoon the announcement that 200 managements jobs would go.
This evening, Telecom's main website, www.telecom.co.nz, is down.
At 7.37pm Grant Smith told NBR he had been trying to access the company's site for 46 minutes. [UPDATE: Telecom's website came back online after 9.40pm. The company posted an all-clear at 9.53pm.]
NBR could not also not access the site, and the outage was confirmed by http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com.
Another user, developer Dave Dustin, related how he was called by a Telecom marketer this evening. The marketer subsequently emailed Mr Dustin a link to Telecom's website for further details on an offer. Whoops.
Telecom did not immediately respond to NBR's queries.
At 9.14pm, the @TelecomNZ Twitter account posted: "We are experiencing issues with the website. Telecom.co.nz currently unavailable but we're working hard to resolve this."
Telecom's website is used for everything from marketing to managing accounts to investor relations.
"The story I heard was that the $39 domain renewal fee didn't make it through the Telecom budget meeting," remarked one internet wag.
* Mr Smith later pointed out that NBR's coming-in-threes metaphor, though catchy, was technically incorrect given the Commerce Commission financial statement issue earlier in the day.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business leaders on Budget 2017: Failure to set up any significant public-private partnerships for infrastructure is "really disappointing," says Paul Glass
- Serko’s Darrin Grafton says the company can use its SME platform to expand globally
- Trump travels overseas selling jobs as North Korea continues to lash out, on Trump’s Beltway with Nathan Smith
- Nick Shewring says co-working attracts "awesome people doing cool things"
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 19, with Grant Walker