TelstraClear says it is slowly reconnecting customers to its cable service in Christchurch.
An outage hit TelstraClear's cable service in Christchurch in the early hours of this morning.
Around half the company's cable connections in the city, or about 13,000 customers, were affected, a spokeswoman told NBR.
"Customers are slowly gaining reconnection and we are focused on speeding that process up," the spokeswoman said.
"Once the service is back up to its full potential we'll fully investigate the issue and take steps to stop it from re-occuring."
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- NZ dollar climbs above 70 US cents on relatively upbeat kiwi fundamentals
- Snowball appoints head of growth capital
- Xero makes a special alteration to rival's billboard
- Three fintech start-ups pitch for funds at end of Kiwibank-sponsored accelerator
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ stocks slip as Manchester concert attack drags on investor sentiment, Comvita drops
Most listened to
- Business leaders on Budget 2017: Failure to set up any significant public-private partnerships for infrastructure is "really disappointing," says Paul Glass
- Serko’s Darrin Grafton says the company can use its SME platform to expand globally
- Trump travels overseas selling jobs as North Korea continues to lash out, on Trump’s Beltway with Nathan Smith
- Nick Shewring says co-working attracts "awesome people doing cool things"
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 19, with Grant Walker