One of Queen St’s newest office towers has broken the record for most green star ratings.
Built by Brookfield Multiplex for naming rights tenant Deloitte and bank BNZ, with retail at the ground floor, the tower known as Deloitte Centre is located at 80 Queen St in Auckland.
The prime grade building was bought by Rich Lister fashion mogul Tim Glasson in April for $177 million on a 7.6% yield in a deal brokered by Colliers agent Bill Leckie.
It has achieved a 5 Green Star rating for its Office Design, and a 5 Green Star Office Built rating. Now it can add a third string to its bow of environmentally-friendly accolades, with a 5 Green Star Office Interior rating awarded last ngiht.
The 21 storey building was awarded for BNZ’s fitout using sustainable materials, incorporating a lot of natural light and greenery in an abundance of plants with an open plan working format for staff.
BNZ chief executive Andrew Thorburn said sustainability was fundamental to business.
“We are past the point where sustainability is a 'nice add-on.’ I needs to be embedded in the business,” Mr Thorburn said.
“80 Queen St is a great example of how it can deliver benefits for staff, the environment, and in the long term, the bottom line."
Pictured with the Green Star certificates are (from left) Brookfield Multiplex regional managing director Tim Pope, NZ Green Building Council chief executive Alex Cutler, BNZ chief executive Andrew Thorburn.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Massey University's David Tripe on why CBA is selling its life businesses at a loss
- As much as the leaders will bask in a win, they will both face challenges as prime minister, comments Rob Hosking
- Fisheries Inshore NZ chief executive Jeremy Helson says many in the industry have concerns about new fishing regulations
- Perry Group chairman Simon Perry explains why Hamilton needs a $1 billion development in a disused quarry
- Jacinda Ardern has sure been talked up a lot by the media, claims David Cohen
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended September 15, with Grant Walker