This is a supplied media release.
JLL has welcomed Todd Lauchlan back to New Zealand where he will fill the role of managing director for the business.
Mr Lauchlan has a long history with JLL, having joined the business in 1995 as a leasing agent for JLL in Wellington before making the move overseas to London in 1999 to work in the global client services team.
In 2000 he moved to Mumbai to take on the role as head of the Mumbai agency before being promoted as the director of the Indian agency business in 2002. In late 2003, he moved to Beijing to be the director of commercial leasing before moving back to New Zealand in 2005 as the head of the New Zealand commercial leasing business.
A year later he stepped outside the JLL business to join Sama Dubai, a Dubai government entity, to work as regional manager for sales and marketing, before joining Abu Dhabi-based Tourism Development and Investment Company (TDIC) in 2008 as head of residential sales followed by becoming the head of TDIC's strategic services team.
In 2010 Mr Lauchlan re-joined JLL as country head for JLL Indonesia and as an international director of the firm. During his time in this role the Indonesian business grew in excess of 800% with a headcount climbing from 75 to more than 600 people. He leaves this role to bring his family back to New Zealand and is looking forward to working with the New Zealand team.
JLL Australia chief executive Stephen Conry said, “Having worked for JLL for many years in challenging and diverse roles, Todd brings a depth of experience back to the New Zealand business which will be of great benefit to the both the New Zealand team and to our clients.”
Speaking on his appointment, Mr Lauchlan said, “It will be great to work with my colleagues in New Zealand and to have the opportunity to further develop and grow the New Zealand business. I am confident that my experience and contacts from my time working in Asia Pacific will assist me in my new role, and I am excited about my journey ahead with JLL New Zealand.”
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- MARKET WRAP: NZ shares fall on $100m Pushpay share selloff
- Pushpay co-founder Crowther sells $108m stake, exits
- Optus' World Cup streaming problems will send a chill down Spark's spine
- National rejects Westpac's capital gains tax assumptions
- Crackdown will force companies to say who their owners are
Most listened to
- Albert-Eden local board chairman Peter Haynes discusses a court battle over Chamberlain Park
- Westpac chief economist Dominick Stephens on how taxes impact housing
- Duncan Cotterill's Christina Lefever has concerns around proposed amendments to the government’s foreign buyers
- Tim Hunter questions whether Pie Funds' performance fee ditching will change the sector
- NBR Radio: The best interviews – updated daily, with Grant Walker