Auckland Council’s chief financial officer has quit, effective September 30.
Andrew McKenzie will take a position with Fletcher Building [NZX: FBU]. The NZX-listed building company confirmed Mr McKenzie had taken up a position at the firm but has not said what role.
Auckland Council chief executive Stephen Town says Mr McKenzie made an outstanding contribution to the successful establishment of the Auckland Council.
Mr McKenzie won the chief financial officer of the year award at the 2013 New Zealand CFO Summit Awards. A council press release said the award judges considered Mr McKenzie to be someone who “thinks strategically and executes successfully.”
The council says it is recruiting for a replacement.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- AWF Madison chief executive Simon Bennett says young Kiwis not being able to pass a drug test is “reasonably significant.”
- Scales boss Andy Bowland explains why the board lifted annual guidance again
- Join OMF's Phillip Lindberg and NBR's Andrew Patterson for Currency Talk
- Otago University Professor Andrew Geddis on how election campaigns will change
- Hamilton Hindin Greene's Jeremy Sullivan on why Spark did a deal with Netflix