Auckland Council’s chief financial officer has quit, effective September 30.
Andrew McKenzie will take a position with Fletcher Building [NZX: FBU]. The NZX-listed building company confirmed Mr McKenzie had taken up a position at the firm but has not said what role.
Auckland Council chief executive Stephen Town says Mr McKenzie made an outstanding contribution to the successful establishment of the Auckland Council.
Mr McKenzie won the chief financial officer of the year award at the 2013 New Zealand CFO Summit Awards. A council press release said the award judges considered Mr McKenzie to be someone who “thinks strategically and executes successfully.”
The council says it is recruiting for a replacement.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Businiess with Andrew Patterson featuring Dr Clyde Smith
- Forsyth Barr’s Kevin Stirrat talks through the market reaction to the new government
- Iron Duke director Phil O'Reilly on how concerned businesses should be about the new Labour-led government
- New Sky TV NZ director Mike Darcey on the skills he brings from Sky UK, and what it's like working for Rupert Murdoch
- NBR Radio: The best interviews, with Grant Walker — updated daily