Auckland Council’s chief financial officer has quit, effective September 30.
Andrew McKenzie will take a position with Fletcher Building [NZX: FBU]. The NZX-listed building company confirmed Mr McKenzie had taken up a position at the firm but has not said what role.
Auckland Council chief executive Stephen Town says Mr McKenzie made an outstanding contribution to the successful establishment of the Auckland Council.
Mr McKenzie won the chief financial officer of the year award at the 2013 New Zealand CFO Summit Awards. A council press release said the award judges considered Mr McKenzie to be someone who “thinks strategically and executes successfully.”
The council says it is recruiting for a replacement.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Wynyard: Shareholders Association John Hawkins - shareholders learning a pretty hard lesson
- Lance Wiggs on who's to blame for the Wynyard collapse
- Century 21 boss pleads for a pause on more mortgage lending restrictions
- ‘Idea private sector would provide decent, affordable housing a myth from colonial period on’ – Big Smoke author Ben Schrader
- BNZ's Jason Wong says the consistent message from the US Fed about a likely December cut is pushing the USD up