Transpower, the state-owned national electricity grid operator, named Alex Ball chief financial officer, replacing Howard Cattermole who announced his resignation in May.
Ball will take up the role in October, the Wellington-based firm said in a statement. He is a qualified accountant and has previously worked as CFO at TelstraClear and Vector and held senior finance positions with Ernst & Young in Singapore, Australia and London. Ball has also held several directorships, including as chairman of Liquigas, Transpower said.
Meanwhile, Stephen Jay has been appointed general manager of grid development, from his current role as general manager with engineering consultancy firm Mitton ElectroNet. Roy Noble has been the acting manager since John Clarke moved to general manager systems operations on May 31.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Freightways' Dean Bracewell on potential acquisitions and growth
- Simpson Grierson’s Earl Gray says Brooks will probably appeal a controversial trade mark case
- ‘Clearly there’s a lot of public opposition’ – Horizon Research releases StuffMe merger survey results
- Maori party president Tukoroirangi Morgan on the agreement reached by the Maori and Mana parties
- Craigs' Mark Lister on Spark's results, Ebos, Port of Tauranga and Tegel