Transpower, the state-owned national electricity grid operator, named Alex Ball chief financial officer, replacing Howard Cattermole who announced his resignation in May.
Ball will take up the role in October, the Wellington-based firm said in a statement. He is a qualified accountant and has previously worked as CFO at TelstraClear and Vector and held senior finance positions with Ernst & Young in Singapore, Australia and London. Ball has also held several directorships, including as chairman of Liquigas, Transpower said.
Meanwhile, Stephen Jay has been appointed general manager of grid development, from his current role as general manager with engineering consultancy firm Mitton ElectroNet. Roy Noble has been the acting manager since John Clarke moved to general manager systems operations on May 31.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- NBR's Rob Hosking with budget analysis. No lolly scramble but sweeteners aplenty
- Grant Thornton tax partner Murray Brewer with his take on the tax package
- NBR’s Calida Smylie talks to CTU policy head Bill Rosenberg in the Budget 2017 lock up
- OMF Financial’s Nigel Brunel discusses the economic implications of the Budget
- MetroGlass CEO Nigel Rigby on the outlook and market share position
- David Seymour gives Gareth Morgan a serve as the latest political party donations are disclosed
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 19, with Grant Walker