Transpower, the state-owned national electricity grid operator, named Alex Ball chief financial officer, replacing Howard Cattermole who announced his resignation in May.
Ball will take up the role in October, the Wellington-based firm said in a statement. He is a qualified accountant and has previously worked as CFO at TelstraClear and Vector and held senior finance positions with Ernst & Young in Singapore, Australia and London. Ball has also held several directorships, including as chairman of Liquigas, Transpower said.
Meanwhile, Stephen Jay has been appointed general manager of grid development, from his current role as general manager with engineering consultancy firm Mitton ElectroNet. Roy Noble has been the acting manager since John Clarke moved to general manager systems operations on May 31.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Calida Smylie looks at the discrepancies in Kiwisaver funds' fees
- Synlait MD John Penno on adding value, moving up from commodity products
- Nyriad co-founder Alex St. John on why NZ is bursting with quality computer engineers
- Ethique founder Brianne West on launching a new funding round
- Massey University vice-chancellor Professor Jan Thomas discusses why the Albany campus needs an innovation hub
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended September 22, with Grant Walker