TVNZ has appointed Telecom’s head of voice, messaging and media, Jason Foden, to replace its departing general manager of digital, Tom Cotter.
Mr Cotter has since begun work on tech start-up BuzzDial.
Mr Foden will start at TVNZ on February 24.
TVNZ says Ondemand has had record stream growth in the last six months, with impressions up 90% on the previous year.
Mr Foden will lead business growth and performance of tvnz.co.nz and TVNZ Ondemand.
TVNZ head of digital media Thor Bayer says the platform is being completely redeveloped to offer a more personal experience, with features such as personalised playlists. He says new content intiatives will begin in March but will not comment further on specifics of the developments.
In May last year TVNZ told the National Business Review the video service makes up about 2-3% of TVNZ total ad revenue.
Using the service is generally seen as a top up for TV advertisers which might spend an extra 3-8% of their TV budgets on the online platform.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Pumpkin Patch receivers expected to target Christmas shoppers
- Restaurant Brands agrees to pay $US105m for Hawaiian fast-food chain
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares fall, following Aussie market
- Wynyard: classic governance failure – Hawkins
- Abano’s Australian dental business lifts margins but sales still falling
Most listened to
- Massey University's David Tripe talking about ANZ's exposure to Pumpkin Patch
- NBR's Jenny Ruth on Abano's major shareholder's continuing feud with the company
- Better by Design's Geoff Suvalko explains how a struggling business can turn around
- John Key says further RMA will be needed - but he needs a mandate to do so
- Craigs' Mohandeep Singh on Bapcor's takeover offer for Hellaby