TVNZ has appointed Telecom’s head of voice, messaging and media, Jason Foden, to replace its departing general manager of digital, Tom Cotter.
Mr Cotter has since begun work on tech start-up BuzzDial.
Mr Foden will start at TVNZ on February 24.
TVNZ says Ondemand has had record stream growth in the last six months, with impressions up 90% on the previous year.
Mr Foden will lead business growth and performance of tvnz.co.nz and TVNZ Ondemand.
TVNZ head of digital media Thor Bayer says the platform is being completely redeveloped to offer a more personal experience, with features such as personalised playlists. He says new content intiatives will begin in March but will not comment further on specifics of the developments.
In May last year TVNZ told the National Business Review the video service makes up about 2-3% of TVNZ total ad revenue.
Using the service is generally seen as a top up for TV advertisers which might spend an extra 3-8% of their TV budgets on the online platform.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Mixed blessings for Contact Energy from low southern hydro lakes
- NZ POLITICS DAILY: Three 'solutions' to get young people voting
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares rise, led by Arvida
- Kim Dotcom wins over Trump's favourite broadcaster, angles for US trip with Russia probe 'evidence'
- Matthews to stand down as auditor-general
Most listened to
- Privacy Commissioner John Edwards warns the Law and Order select committee that rules around information sharing are too broad
- Business leaders on Budget 2017: "It’s a pretty stunning failure," says Kerry McDonald of successive governments’ attempts to improve productivity
- Arvida chief executive Bill McDonald on its doubled net profit
- Fonterra chief executive Theo Spierings is confident on the outlook for farmers though challenges remain
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 19, with Grant Walker