TVNZ has appointed Telecom’s head of voice, messaging and media, Jason Foden, to replace its departing general manager of digital, Tom Cotter.
Mr Cotter has since begun work on tech start-up BuzzDial.
Mr Foden will start at TVNZ on February 24.
TVNZ says Ondemand has had record stream growth in the last six months, with impressions up 90% on the previous year.
Mr Foden will lead business growth and performance of tvnz.co.nz and TVNZ Ondemand.
TVNZ head of digital media Thor Bayer says the platform is being completely redeveloped to offer a more personal experience, with features such as personalised playlists. He says new content intiatives will begin in March but will not comment further on specifics of the developments.
In May last year TVNZ told the National Business Review the video service makes up about 2-3% of TVNZ total ad revenue.
Using the service is generally seen as a top up for TV advertisers which might spend an extra 3-8% of their TV budgets on the online platform.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Business confidence slips in February
- Employers back PM's comments on drugs stopping young people from getting jobs
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares gain with Metlifecare, Chorus; NZ Refining, Genesis, Intueri fall
- Spark-Netflix deal could backfire: lawyer
- Minter Ellison invests $2m in artificial intelligence technology to replace lawyers
Most listened to
- AWF Madison chief executive Simon Bennett says young Kiwis not being able to pass a drug test is “reasonably significant.”
- Scales boss Andy Bowland explains why the board lifted annual guidance again
- Join OMF's Phillip Lindberg and NBR's Andrew Patterson for Currency Talk
- Otago University Professor Andrew Geddis on how election campaigns will change
- Hamilton Hindin Greene's Jeremy Sullivan on why Spark did a deal with Netflix