TVNZ has released the first promo clip for Seven Sharp (see clip below).
As promised, the new show has more energy, if the clip is anything to go by. But it is perhaps trying a little too hard.
The Close Up re-boot will launch Monday February 4.
It will be fronted by Alison Mau, Greg Boyed and comedian Jesse Mulligan and feature Media7/Media 3 alumna Sarah Daniell on its production team.
The release of the clip this afternoon was overshadowed by the surprise resignation of TVNZ head of news Ross Dagan, the man credited with axing Close Up and birthing Seven Sharp.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Zespri's Carol Ward talks about market challenges and innovation.
- Vanguard’s Robin Bowerman on the cluster bomb controversy
- In Editor's Insight, Nevil Gibson explains how revenue from streaming of music has doubled in a year
- BNZ CEO Anthony Healy on dairy lending and the bank's annual results
- NZ Oil & Gas chairman Rodger Finlay on exploration, capital and appointing a permanent CEO