TVNZ has released the first promo clip for Seven Sharp (see clip below).
As promised, the new show has more energy, if the clip is anything to go by. But it is perhaps trying a little too hard.
The Close Up re-boot will launch Monday February 4.
It will be fronted by Alison Mau, Greg Boyed and comedian Jesse Mulligan and feature Media7/Media 3 alumna Sarah Daniell on its production team.
The release of the clip this afternoon was overshadowed by the surprise resignation of TVNZ head of news Ross Dagan, the man credited with axing Close Up and birthing Seven Sharp.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Spark partners with Netflix to boost flagging broadband share
- Crown argues it has power to revoke status of conservation land in Ruataniwha appeal
- Bill English: Drug abuse preventing young Kiwis from working
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares gain on Metlifecare result
- Kiwi migration at lowest level in 30 years
Most listened to
- New EO on regulations while cyber and ISIS fight to get boost, on Trump’s Beltway
- NZ's strong economy behind another record high migration figure
- Metlifecare's Glen Sowry on trying to be different from the competition
- Vector CEO Simon Mackenzie on how investment is subduing today's profits
- Villa Maria chief winemaker Nick Picone says the next few weeks' weather will determine the quality of this year's vintage