Twitter has revealed key financial stats in a filing for its inital public offering (IPO).
The social network is seeking to raise $US1 billion by floating 10% of its shares, valuing the company at $US12.8 billion.
- Revenue more than doubled to $254 million in the first six months of this year
- Its net loss grew by 40% to $69 million as the company's expenses ballooned
- Twitter had 218.3 million average monthly active users in the three months ending June 30, up 44% from the year-ago period (Facebook claims more than 1 billion users)
- About 500 million tweets are posted per day
- 75% of users accessed Twitter through a mobile device in the quarter ending June 30
- More than 65% of ad revenue was from mobile device in the June quarter
- The major individual shareholders are Twitter cofounders Ev Williams with 12.0%, Jack Dorsey (4.9%) and CEO Dick Costolo (1.6%)
- Major institutional shareholders with more than 5% of the company–the exact amount is not revealed in the filing–are Rizvi Traverse, Spark Capital, Benchmark, Union Square Ventures and DST. Benchmark, however, apparently owns about 6.7%, according to the filing.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- NBR's Rob Hosking with budget analysis. No lolly scramble but sweeteners aplenty
- Grant Thornton tax partner Murray Brewer with his take on the tax package
- NBR’s Calida Smylie talks to CTU policy head Bill Rosenberg in the Budget 2017 lock up
- OMF Financial’s Nigel Brunel discusses the economic implications of the Budget
- MetroGlass CEO Nigel Rigby on the outlook and market share position
- David Seymour gives Gareth Morgan a serve as the latest political party donations are disclosed
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 19, with Grant Walker