UFB fibre is now rolled passed 517,000 premises, with 39,510 customers (or 7.7%) choosing to connect, according to the latest MBIE update released by ICT Minister Amy Adams.
The update says the rollout is 7% ahead of schedule.
The 10-year rollout is happening faster in some areas than others.
In Northland, for example, NorthPower Fibre has finished its rollout. In Auckland, Chorus' is 26% of the way through.
RAW DATA: Read the quartely report (PDF)
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Trump's Beltway: Trump doubles Mar-a-Lago membership fee to $200K
- Wellington Sevens' slump shows need to back 'fans,' not whingers
- Michael Parekowhai’s “Lighthouse” is a monument to the state house
- Shoeshine: Moa’s big challenge to avoid following its namesake
- Law at war: Insiders say Auckland law faculty is in ‘crisis’