Literary hermit and American icon JD Salinger is dead.
The author of The Catcher in the Rye, died at his New Hampshire home on Wednesday (local time), aged 91.
The Catcher in the Rye was published in 1951 and became an immediate and controversial best seller making him one of the most famous authors on the planet.
He shunned the fame and spent the last 50 years of his life avoiding the notoriety his work brought him.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Vanguard’s Robin Bowerman on the cluster bomb controversy
- BNZ CEO Anthony Healy on dairy lending and the bank's annual results
- NZ Oil & Gas chairman Rodger Finlay on exploration, capital and appointing a permanent CEO
- Privacy Commissioner John Edwards wants changes to police background checks
- 'Learn what you’re good at, then hire people who are better than you are in other areas' – Imogen Johnson