Literary hermit and American icon JD Salinger is dead.
The author of The Catcher in the Rye, died at his New Hampshire home on Wednesday (local time), aged 91.
The Catcher in the Rye was published in 1951 and became an immediate and controversial best seller making him one of the most famous authors on the planet.
He shunned the fame and spent the last 50 years of his life avoiding the notoriety his work brought him.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Xero boss Rod Drury on Chris Liddell's role in the Trump administration
- FNZC economist Chris Green on whether the housing market has turned
- NZTE's Suzie Marsden on how good culture can keep employees from straying
- Institute of Business Ethics' Jane Arnott suggests how companies can improve ethics
- NZIER economist Christina Leung on the outlook for inflation.