Literary hermit and American icon JD Salinger is dead.
The author of The Catcher in the Rye, died at his New Hampshire home on Wednesday (local time), aged 91.
The Catcher in the Rye was published in 1951 and became an immediate and controversial best seller making him one of the most famous authors on the planet.
He shunned the fame and spent the last 50 years of his life avoiding the notoriety his work brought him.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Peter Beck on Rocket Lab's plans for the next two years
- Fonterra Ventures general manager Komal Mistry on commercialising employee ideas and new investments
- Jenny Ruth on the outlook for Port of Tauranga's earnings
- Craigs' Mark Lister on 2018 so far and what to expect from the CPI
- NBR Radio: A year in review, with Grant Walker