Literary hermit and American icon JD Salinger is dead.
The author of The Catcher in the Rye, died at his New Hampshire home on Wednesday (local time), aged 91.
The Catcher in the Rye was published in 1951 and became an immediate and controversial best seller making him one of the most famous authors on the planet.
He shunned the fame and spent the last 50 years of his life avoiding the notoriety his work brought him.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Mercury chief executive Fraser Whineray on pricing, supply, demand and gaining customers
- Rob Hosking says it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when a capital gains tax comes in if Labour wins
- The reality is, the All Whites name was a product of its time and its time has long passed, comments Eric Young
- Tourism Holdings' Grant Webster discusses earnings and outlook
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended August 18, with Grant Walker