Literary hermit and American icon JD Salinger is dead.
The author of The Catcher in the Rye, died at his New Hampshire home on Wednesday (local time), aged 91.
The Catcher in the Rye was published in 1951 and became an immediate and controversial best seller making him one of the most famous authors on the planet.
He shunned the fame and spent the last 50 years of his life avoiding the notoriety his work brought him.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Newsroom restructure will be complete 'in next two to three weeks,' TVNZ's Kevin Kenrick expects
- TeamTalk chairman Roger Sowry on the Grant Samuel valuation
- ACT leader David Seymour on his and Mr Dunne's rejected RMA offer
- Catch Group CEO Nati Harpaz thinks the Pumpkin Patch brand hasn't been tarnished by corporate failure
- Graeme Wheeler does what is expected with the OCR - that is, nothing - and isn’t worried about recent soft GDP numbers
- Aston Martin chief executive Andy Palmer describes his comeback plan for the luxury British sportscar manufacturer