Literary hermit and American icon JD Salinger is dead.
The author of The Catcher in the Rye, died at his New Hampshire home on Wednesday (local time), aged 91.
The Catcher in the Rye was published in 1951 and became an immediate and controversial best seller making him one of the most famous authors on the planet.
He shunned the fame and spent the last 50 years of his life avoiding the notoriety his work brought him.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson featuring Dr David Skilling
- The total stupidity of the Waitangi Tribunal was fully on display last week, says Rodney Hide
- Gerry Brownlee has earned the foreign affairs prize, argues Matthew Hooton
- Rob Hosking on the Age of the Unprecedented
- The best NBR Radio interviews from the second week of April, with Grant Walker and Andrew Patterson