Literary hermit and American icon JD Salinger is dead.
The author of The Catcher in the Rye, died at his New Hampshire home on Wednesday (local time), aged 91.
The Catcher in the Rye was published in 1951 and became an immediate and controversial best seller making him one of the most famous authors on the planet.
He shunned the fame and spent the last 50 years of his life avoiding the notoriety his work brought him.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Fletcher boss guilty of "blamestorming," Professor John Tookey says
- Fletcher investors want full disclosure, says financial advisor Jeremy Sullivan
- Cameron Officer talks about the delays from the insurer-repairer disconnect
- Sports Minister Jonathan Coleman says the hosting the League World Cup shows NZ can handle big events
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended July 21, with Grant Walker