The big question this week is – has the economy hit the skids?
It is what we are all asking following the release of the household labour force survey.
7.3 percent unemployment up 0.5 percent. That means 175,000 kiwis are now without work and another 145,000 workers are knocking on the door asking for more hours.
Duncan Garner spoke with Bill English for TV3's The Nation and started by asking him is this a blip? Or something more serious?
Video courtesy Front Page.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Matthew Hooton on what a National win in Mt Roskill could mean for Labour
- Tim Hunter on Sky's awkward Chinese problem
- Paul Goldsmith's attempt at insolvency law reform has been hijacked by a 'basked of deplorables' says Damien Grant
- First Retail Group's Chris Wilkinson on Pumpkin Patch's worsening situation