The big question this week is – has the economy hit the skids?
It is what we are all asking following the release of the household labour force survey.
7.3 percent unemployment up 0.5 percent. That means 175,000 kiwis are now without work and another 145,000 workers are knocking on the door asking for more hours.
Duncan Garner spoke with Bill English for TV3's The Nation and started by asking him is this a blip? Or something more serious?
Video courtesy Front Page.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- FMA's Rob Everett says confidence in capital markets is increasing
- NBR's Rob Hosking says housing and debt are the two things people haven't grasped about Budget 2017
- FNZC's John Norling on last week's star stocks and this week's outlook
- RedShield founder explains what makes his cyber service so attractive to Fortune 500 companies
- Rodney Hide thinks Judy McGregor should be persuading companies to increase gender diversity instead of legislating
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker