The big question this week is – has the economy hit the skids?
It is what we are all asking following the release of the household labour force survey.
7.3 percent unemployment up 0.5 percent. That means 175,000 kiwis are now without work and another 145,000 workers are knocking on the door asking for more hours.
Duncan Garner spoke with Bill English for TV3's The Nation and started by asking him is this a blip? Or something more serious?
Video courtesy Front Page.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Scales Corp CEO Andy Borland assesses likely immigration cuts
- Forsyth Barr’s Kevin Stirrat talks through the market reaction to the new government
- Iron Duke director Phil O'Reilly on how concerned businesses should be about the new Labour-led government
- New Sky TV NZ director Mike Darcey on the skills he brings from Sky UK, and what it's like working for Rupert Murdoch
- Nevil Gibson's back on Wall Street's darkest day and what has happened since
- NBR Radio: The best interviews, with Grant Walker — updated daily