The big question this week is – has the economy hit the skids?
It is what we are all asking following the release of the household labour force survey.
7.3 percent unemployment up 0.5 percent. That means 175,000 kiwis are now without work and another 145,000 workers are knocking on the door asking for more hours.
Duncan Garner spoke with Bill English for TV3's The Nation and started by asking him is this a blip? Or something more serious?
Video courtesy Front Page.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Commerce Commission chairman Mark Berry on the reasons behind the Sky/Vodafone decision
- Meridian CEO Mark Binns on what will happen to the freed-up Tiwai load
- John Bowie discusses The LawFuel Power List: New Zealand’s most powerful lawyers
- Nevil Gibson discusses the importance of the first Israeli PM's visit to Australia
- Using a school farm or MOTAT land for more housing? TOP Mt Albert by-election candidate Geoff Simmons says its worth concidering