The big question this week is – has the economy hit the skids?
It is what we are all asking following the release of the household labour force survey.
7.3 percent unemployment up 0.5 percent. That means 175,000 kiwis are now without work and another 145,000 workers are knocking on the door asking for more hours.
Duncan Garner spoke with Bill English for TV3's The Nation and started by asking him is this a blip? Or something more serious?
Video courtesy Front Page.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Deloitte's Scott McClay discusses which South Island companies are performing best
- TIN100's Greg Shanahan on this year's top trends and top movers in high-tech exports
- ASB senior rural economist Nathan Penny disagrees with ANZ's forecast and is standing by his bank’s $6.75/kgMS prediction
- Why is the FMA exempting robo-advice from the law? Liam Mason explains
- NBR Radio: The best interviews, with Grant Walker — updated daily