According to local media, Graeme Hart and his wife Robyn were in Ulsteinvik, Norway to witness the launch of their 107m superyacht at Kleven Verft shipyard this past weekend (see Kleven Verft's official clip below).
Until the pair showed up, nobody at the shipyard knew whose yacht they were building, a local newspaper says.
Designed by Marin Teknikk, the MT5006 Expedition Support Vessel will be named Ulysses upon delivery in 2015 and is designed for longer expeditions in rough waters worldwide.
Mr Hart used to own another ship named Ulysses, a 51-metre vessel that was moored at Auckland's Viaduct for years before being sold, renamed Grand Rusalina and relocated to Monaco.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Craigs' Mark Lister on Spark's results, Ebos, Port of Tauranga and Tegel
- Beertown.nz founder Martin Craig on craft beer growth
- Difficult though it is for political insiders to accept, few New Zealanders are particularly engaged in Election 2017
- Trent Fulcher on how Heartland's investment will boost Fuelled
- Nevil Gibson explains why Kraft Heinz walked away so quickly from its $US143 billion takeover bid for Unilever