Warehouse Group [NZX: WHS] chief financial officer Stephen Small has died, aged 39.
NBR understands a heart attack is suspected.
The Auckland-based company said in a statement after the market closed yesterday that Small died suddenly.
He joined the country's biggest listed retailer in April 2012, coming from General Motors Korea where he was chief financial officer.
"Stephen was a hugely respected member of our executive team and it is a shock to us all at this time," chairman Ted van Arkel said.
"Stephen will be greatly missed by our team. We send our deepest sympathies to his wife Yoko and his family who are in the thoughts and prayers of the entire company."
Warehouse shares fell 0.3 percent to $3.37 yesterday, and have shed 9.9 percent this year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sky TV boss John Fellet says he's happy to sign a contract with Spark
- NZ Shareholders Association chairman John Hawkins says all shareholders should question rising executive pay
- Snowball Effect has appointed former Russell McVeagh lawyer and technology marketer Peter Thomson as Head of Digital
- Hobson Wealth’s James Grigor on how Air NZ can deal to competition
- Westpac's Sarah Drought says the usually dry Summer months have feared will for dairy farmers, due to a wet Spring