Warehouse Group [NZX: WHS] chief financial officer Stephen Small has died, aged 39.
NBR understands a heart attack is suspected.
The Auckland-based company said in a statement after the market closed yesterday that Small died suddenly.
He joined the country's biggest listed retailer in April 2012, coming from General Motors Korea where he was chief financial officer.
"Stephen was a hugely respected member of our executive team and it is a shock to us all at this time," chairman Ted van Arkel said.
"Stephen will be greatly missed by our team. We send our deepest sympathies to his wife Yoko and his family who are in the thoughts and prayers of the entire company."
Warehouse shares fell 0.3 percent to $3.37 yesterday, and have shed 9.9 percent this year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Lawyer Adina Thorn discusses her decision to launch a class action against Carter Holt Harvey over its Shadowclad product
- Westpac senior economist Satish Ranchhod says student inflows continue to be a big driver of growth
- Volpara chief executive Ralph Highnam on his company's $9.6m loss and fast-growing revenue
- NBR's Jenny Ruth on what analysts are saying about Ebos' $A154m HPS purchase
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker