Warehouse Group [NZX: WHS] chief financial officer Stephen Small has died, aged 39.
NBR understands a heart attack is suspected.
The Auckland-based company said in a statement after the market closed yesterday that Small died suddenly.
He joined the country's biggest listed retailer in April 2012, coming from General Motors Korea where he was chief financial officer.
"Stephen was a hugely respected member of our executive team and it is a shock to us all at this time," chairman Ted van Arkel said.
"Stephen will be greatly missed by our team. We send our deepest sympathies to his wife Yoko and his family who are in the thoughts and prayers of the entire company."
Warehouse shares fell 0.3 percent to $3.37 yesterday, and have shed 9.9 percent this year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Deloitte's Scott McClay discusses which South Island companies are performing best
- TIN100's Greg Shanahan on this year's top trends and top movers in high-tech exports
- ASB senior rural economist Nathan Penny disagrees with ANZ's forecast and is standing by his bank’s $6.75/kgMS prediction
- Why is the FMA exempting robo-advice from the law? Liam Mason explains
- NBR Radio: The best interviews, with Grant Walker — updated daily