A Wellington-based analyst has been judged this year’s world financial modelling champion.
Alex Gordon, a 24-year-old senior analyst with PwC, was judged the best during yesterday’s ModelOff grand final in New York – the “spiritual home of financial modelling”.
He was one of 2000 competition entrants and was one of just 16 to make it through two initial rounds in October before the grand final.
Competitors in yesterday’s final were given a number of different tasks testing innovation, speed, data, modelling theory and risk understanding.
Other finalists came from Australia, the USA, Britain, Russia, Canada and Poland.
First NZ Capital analyst Tom Picot was the second New Zealander to attend the final.
PwC chief executive officer Bruce Hassall says the win has widened the door to Mr Gordon’s professional achievements.
Wellington is making a strong impact on the world this December, he says. "It goes beyond cinema: it’s also in the accountancy space.”
PwC Wellington partner Richard Longman, who is Mr Gordon’s manager, says he has always demonstrated a passion for modelling complex arrangements and solving challenging problems.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Fisher Funds says new Xero holding amounts to 3% of Kingfish fund
- Peters: No decision on formation of government yet
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares rise as Restaurant Brands, A2 gain; Xero, Scales drop
- Super Fund CEO pay rise 'too large,' Joyce says
- GeoOp quits planned ASX IPO, gets more shareholder funding
Most listened to
- MediaWorks has won a case against a former sales manager, Victoria Young reports
- Security expert Daniel Ayers on the 'Krack' wi-fi vulnerability scare
- Century 21 national manager Geoff Barnett discusses banks' increasingly cautious approach to even pre-approved home buyers
- NZ Beef and Lamb chairman James Parsons on what an NZ/EU FTA would mean for the beef sector
- Retirement expert Barry LaValley on misconceptions of your "golden years"
- NBR Radio: The best interviews, with Grant Walker — updated daily