Troubled financial services firm NZF Group says its half-stake in MPMH is worth $2.76 million, according to an independent valuation.
MPMH, NZF's joint venture with Australian company Liberty Financial, is the parent company of Mike Pero Mortgages and 50% owner of Mike Pero Real Estate.
In a statement to the NZX, NZF says its board is yet to review Simmons Corporate Finance's valuation and the proposed sale is subject to shareholder approval.
A notice of meeting will be lodged shortly.
As part of the sale, NZF is expected to be repaid a shareholder loan of $397,000.
NZF also faced High Court action to force it to sell its MPMH stake, as Liberty claimed a contractual default.
However, NZF agreed to sell in September.
NZF Group's assets were frozen in a separate legal battle with the receivers of its failed lending subsidiary, NZF Money, over the contentious 80% sale of NZF Group's home loans division to Australian company Resimac.
The court relaxed the freezing order in August.
NZF Money went into receivership in July 2011 owing $16.4 million. The receivers, KordaMentha, estimate the top return to debenture holders to be 27%.
NZF Group is being investigated by the Serious Fraud Office and Financial Markets Authority relating to transactions dating back to 2006.
NZF Group shares (NZX: NZF) last traded at 0.3 cents, valuing the firm at $330,000.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- IDC's Chayse Gorton on Kiwis' online vs offline shopping preference - and how it's out of step with the rest of the world
- NZSA chief executive Michael Midgley on how he will vote undirected Fletcher proxies
- Restaurant Brands' Grant Ellis discusses progress at the fast food group
- Rob Hosking says politicians need to understand the effect their promises will have on what the Reserve Bank has to do
- AMP Capital investment manager Jonathan Armstrong discusses why an expansion is right for Tauranga's Bayfair shopping centre
- NBR Radio: The best interviews, with Grant Walker — updated daily