WHO GOT IT?: Me, Richard Irvine.
What was your last role, and where?: Social media manager at Telecom.
I was the first full-time person in that role there, and saw a lot of action, between various crisis and issues. It was a lot of fun, and a good chance to shape the role as I saw fit etc, with it being so new. It was very 'always on' and, erm, never boring.
Where were you before that? Telecom Wholesale. I`d been at Telecom a hair under ten years in a variety of roles. Prior to that, I was doing something feckless in Dublin on my OE.
What attracted you to your new job? Sport and cricket in particular is EXTREMELY relevant to my interests, and being able to combine it with the social/ digital/comms fields was very appealing indeed.
I'm certain that 8-year old cricket crazed Richard would approve of my new career path.
What do you do, day to day? Write match reports, draw up content plans, chat to fans on Twitter and Facebook, help with any comms issues of the day.
Obviously during the cricket season it`s all happening, and now the home series is over, we`re knuckling down to some planning before the return series with England mid-year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Deloitte's Scott McClay discusses which South Island companies are performing best
- TIN100's Greg Shanahan on this year's top trends and top movers in high-tech exports
- ASB senior rural economist Nathan Penny disagrees with ANZ's forecast and is standing by his bank’s $6.75/kgMS prediction
- Why is the FMA exempting robo-advice from the law? Liam Mason explains
- NBR Radio: The best interviews, with Grant Walker — updated daily