New Zealand First leader Winston Peters refused to appear on Sky News' Campaign 08 because he objected to the host Bill Ralston.
Ralston told the New Zealand Herald that NZ First staffer Frank Perry told him Mr Peters would not appear because "he's suing you".
Ralston said he had no knowledge of Mr Peters suing him but thought he may have been referring to legal action against TVNZ when Ralston was head of news.
The programme went ahead without Mr Peters.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Aussie Rich List – where are the Kiwis?
- NZ dollar falls with Aussie as Moody's China downgrade mulled, commodities weaken
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares rise, led by F&P Healthcare, Sky TV; Ebos falls
- Top lawyer on gardening leave after 22 years at Russell McVeagh
- Watson’s Bendon finalises takeover of Naked
Most listened to
- It’s "odd" StuffMe applicants are "so sensitive about anonymous submissions," says competition lawyer Andy Glenie
- Andrew Little, James Shaw, Steven Joyce and Bill English all weigh in on how good the budget was for Kiwi businesses
- Rob Hosking does not think it's good enough the Budget has left out reduced taxation on savings
- Lawyers are playing musical chairs in this week's Briefcase with John Bowie
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker