Ahead of its annual report on May 22, Xero [NZX: XRO] has released a version of its annual result restated to include a new break-down of expenses.
Expenses are now categorised by cost of revenues, sales and marketing, product design and development, and general and administration, rather than expense types such as employee entitlements, advertising and marketing, consulting, travel and so on.
The new presentation provides greater insight into Xero’s business model. It also ensures that its reporting is more closely aligned to other major SaaS (“software as a service”) companies, Xero says.
The new breakdown (click to zoom)
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Appeal to 'natural justice' in Sky-Vodafone case
- TVNZ first-half earnings drop as ad revenue falls faster than expenses
- IAG warns $117m Kaikoura quake cost puts acid on risk pricing
- NBR VIEW: Screw the golfers, let's build houses instead – Green MP
- A rising tide of protectionism could hit NZ dairy sector hard: NZIER
Most listened to
- Hotels expert Dean Humphries explains why the council's proposed 150% rates increase will hit the accommodation sector hard
- International Energy Agency head Fatir Birol predicts the outlook for oil prices
- Cameron Officer on the used car market giving new cars a run for their money
- Heartland Bank CEO Jeff Greenslade on results, new products and margins
- Rob Hosking on the challenge Steven Joyce has put forward to public servants