NBR Radio has teamed up with Spotify to bring Sunday Business to its podcast platform. You can also listen to the full episode free on SoundCloud here.
A Stanford University psychology professor, Carol Dweck, is this week's featured guest on NBR Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson.
Her research into what has become known as “growth mindset” has been something of a revolution in the area of personal development, affecting not only business but also education.
Simply put, individuals who believe their talents can be developed – through hard work, good strategies, and input from others – have a growth mindset. They tend to achieve more than those who adopt a fixed mindset – believing their talents are innate gifts. This is because the former worry less about looking smart and they put more energy into learning.
Professor Dweck discusses the impact of her research and the potential to measure the mindset of entire countries in the future.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Russell McVeagh incident highlights complications of corporate sponsorship
- Sir Ralph explains why he didn’t listen but NZSA calls it a failure of governance
- Could Nikki Kaye lead National one day? A wee problem
- Poor facing double whammy when road congestion pricing gets off the ground
- The highest paid directors
Most listened to
- Ian Apperley goes cold turkey on social media, and claims he's now a better man
- Auckland Airport's CEO Adrian Littlewood explains the impact of price changes on revenue
- Competition lawyer Michael Wigley supports the Criminalisation of Cartels Amendment Bill
- Roadtrippers deal is a gamechanger, says Tourism Holdings CEO Grant Webster
- The sub-contracting model is killing the New Zealand construction industry, says E tū's Ron Angel
- NBR Radio: The best interviews – updated daily, with Grant Walker