NBR Radio has teamed up with Spotify to bring Sunday Business to its podcast platform. You can also listen to the full episode free on SoundCloud here.
A Stanford University psychology professor, Carol Dweck, is this week's featured guest on NBR Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson.
Her research into what has become known as “growth mindset” has been something of a revolution in the area of personal development, affecting not only business but also education.
Simply put, individuals who believe their talents can be developed – through hard work, good strategies, and input from others – have a growth mindset. They tend to achieve more than those who adopt a fixed mindset – believing their talents are innate gifts. This is because the former worry less about looking smart and they put more energy into learning.
Professor Dweck discusses the impact of her research and the potential to measure the mindset of entire countries in the future.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Steel & Tube CEO Mark Malpass and CFO Greg Smith on company write-downs
- Fat Prophets' Greg Smith says Steel & Tube’s result “propelled Fonterra into insignificance”
- Zespri chief executive Dan Mathieson says the company expects record sales next year.
- Serko CEO Darrin Grafton on rising share price and growth targets
- Westpac CEO David McLean discusses the mood of more than 1200 business leaders surveyed
- NBR Radio: The best interviews – updated daily, with Grant Walker