NBR Radio has teamed up with Spotify to bring Sunday Business to its podcast platform. You can also listen to the full episode free on SoundCloud here.
A Stanford University psychology professor, Carol Dweck, is this week's featured guest on NBR Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson.
Her research into what has become known as “growth mindset” has been something of a revolution in the area of personal development, affecting not only business but also education.
Simply put, individuals who believe their talents can be developed – through hard work, good strategies, and input from others – have a growth mindset. They tend to achieve more than those who adopt a fixed mindset – believing their talents are innate gifts. This is because the former worry less about looking smart and they put more energy into learning.
Professor Dweck discusses the impact of her research and the potential to measure the mindset of entire countries in the future.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Financial adviser John Cliffe says default KiwiSaver schemes urgently need change
- AgResearch scientist Dr Greg Bryan on the potential of the new GM ryegrass technology
- Craigs’ Mark Lister on expectations of Tuesday’s CPI data
- Tim Hunter reveals Auckland Council's "magic trick" of disappearing Watercare debt
- NBR Radio: The best interviews – updated daily