NBR Radio has teamed up with Spotify to bring Sunday Business to its podcast platform. You can also listen to the full episode free on SoundCloud here.
This week's featured guest on NBR Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson is Canadian billionaire and philanthropist John McCall MacBain.
Mr McCall MacBain, who has an estimated net wealth in excess of $1.4 billion, is the founder and chief executive of his own foundation, which pledged an unprecedented $150 million to Oxford University’s Rhodes Scholarship programme in 2013.
They discuss his recent decision to gift more than $1 million to the University of Auckland to kickstart its new Kia Tuhura Scholarship programme and how the scholarships aim is to support and nurture talented students with the potential to make an impact on the world.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- The venture capital field is fraught with danger, Tim Hunter remarks
- Federated Farmers' Andrew Hoggard wants more consistency with RMA compliance
- AMP NZ managing director Blair Vernon on attitudes to replacement life insurance sales
- Labour shortages will be balanced by strong provincial growth over near term, says Infometrics' Gareth Kiernan
- NBR Radio: The best interviews – updated daily