NBR Radio has teamed up with Spotify to bring Sunday Business to its podcast platform. You can also listen to the full episode free on SoundCloud here.
This week's featured guest on NBR Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson is Canadian billionaire and philanthropist John McCall MacBain.
Mr McCall MacBain, who has an estimated net wealth in excess of $1.4 billion, is the founder and chief executive of his own foundation, which pledged an unprecedented $150 million to Oxford University’s Rhodes Scholarship programme in 2013.
They discuss his recent decision to gift more than $1 million to the University of Auckland to kickstart its new Kia Tuhura Scholarship programme and how the scholarships aim is to support and nurture talented students with the potential to make an impact on the world.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- A2 CEO Geoff Babidge on the Fonterra alliance and first-half results
- Spark MD Simon Moutter on his company's half-year result and its possible downgrade
- Brent Edwards runs down Mfat's CPTPP analysis report
- Little Bird's Jeremy Bennett explains why the company is equity crowdfunding
- Fletcher CEO Ross Taylor on results, CFO Bevan McKenzie on banks
- Ebos chief executive Patrick Davies outlines the company's profit jump
- Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater, says Meridian CEO Neal Barclay
- NBR Radio: The best interviews – updated daily, with Grant Walker