NBR Radio has teamed up with Spotify to bring Sunday Business to its podcast platform. You can also listen to the full episode free on SoundCloud here.
This week's featured guest on NBR Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson is Nick Shewring, co-founder of co-working space BizDojo.
A survey out this week, commissioned by the national co-working and collaboration provider BizDojo has shown 95% of business owner respondents believe that being an entrepreneur has affected their mental health.
The survey was of only 100 Kiwi entrepreneurs but found the well-being of 79% of its respondents had some degree of stress, 76% felt overwhelmed, and 71% experienced anxiety.
A further 59% of founders had issues with sleep, 53% identified as being depressed or severely depressed, and 13% had addictions.
Mr Shewring discusses the survey, what he did about his own mental health experiences as an entrepreneur, and the stigma that surrounds mental health.
He also says it's not just entrepreneurs dealing with these issues - a US consultancy that does roundtables for Fortune 500 companies wants him to talk to those suffering corporate burnout.
Many of the issues are the same for entrepreneurs, who also have the additional burden of financial strain, he says.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Businiess with Andrew Patterson featuring Dr Clyde Smith
- Forsyth Barr’s Kevin Stirrat talks through the market reaction to the new government
- Iron Duke director Phil O'Reilly on how concerned businesses should be about the new Labour-led government
- New Sky TV NZ director Mike Darcey on the skills he brings from Sky UK, and what it's like working for Rupert Murdoch
- NBR Radio: The best interviews, with Grant Walker — updated daily