I'm loving the electronic billboards at the Fifa World Cup.
They'e static, and the signage is changed with one simple fade (see my 30-second am-cam clip below).
It's such a welcome change from the frenetic, distracting animated signage you see these days at rugby games, or at most grounds in the EPL, that verges on wrecking your viewing.
The Fifa setup is win-win. Sponsors get unmissable wrap-around signage, and fans don't get driven up the wall.
I've got no problem immediately recalling Fifa World Cup advertisers — Visa, Coca Cola, Castrol, Powerade, Sony, Adidas, McDonalds, Kia etc.
But unlike after a Super Rugby game, I'm not remembering their names in annoyance.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Ardern cruises to Mt Albert victory, bringing Huo into Parliament
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares fall, Warehouse and Mercury NZ drop while Air NZ gains
- Hidesight: Advance means retreat for glacier scientists
- Carry on: Xiamen for Auckland, Cathay for Christchurch, Virgin for HK and more
- JOANNA BATSTONE on the rise of AI