Retailers have successfully agitated for GST on all online purchases, and now they want all offshore retailers to register in New Zealand, too (something that would likely see many simply stratch NZ off the list of countries they deliver too). I can understand all that stick, I guess. But how about some carrots, too.
All NZ e-tailers should offer:
- A same-day delivery option. Good on those like Mighty Ape, Pet and Countdown who are already there.
- One-click ordering (e.g. PayPal or MasterCard PayPass). Don't make me enter my credit card details every time. Retailers like JB Hi-Fi NZ and Event Cinemas show it can be done
- A real-time delivery and order tracker
- Click-and-collect (buy online and collect as soon as you can from a store or depot)
- No questions asked refunds for online purchases, and easy returns
Some retailers offer some of the above online, but it's patchy. How can The Warehouse Group say its serious about online sales, for example, when it only has one-click purchase (the very core of Amazon's success) available for a handful of its its online properties?
Up your game, local e-tailers, then I might be able to stomach your GST agitation.
Use MyNBR Tags to track people and companies — and receive key-word email alerts. Find out how here.