The Herald has let the cat out of the bag: TVNZ's Simon Dallow has signed for side-gig with NBR.
He'll shortly be joining broadcasters Susan Wood, Grant Walker, Andrew Patterson, multimedia storyteller Hamish Coleman-Ross and social media producer Jerry Yelich-O'Connor in NBR's fast-growing cross-platform team.
Stay tuned for more on Simon's role, but expect to see some front-foot interviewing as he works mornings at NBR before heading to 1News, where he'll maintain his role.
He comes on board as NBR begins construction on a second studio in the Press Gallery at the Beehive, to complement its existing one in Auckland. And as the the publication prepares an app that will push audio and video content to people's mobiles.
As Matt Nippert reports in the Herald, NBR's move has got the thumbs up from media commentator Bill Ralston, who calls the move "intriguing."
He also reckons it will be viewed positively by the top brass at the state broadcaster (who gave negotiations their blessing).
"TVNZ's management may well be thinking to themselves, 'He can front that because he'll get our brand out to business leaders'," Ralston says.
Dallow says his interest is in hard news, particularly across business, politics and sport — and that he's keen to mix it up for NBR and get out in the field.
NBR Publisher Todd Scott (left) says he's "excited and humbled" to finally land Simon Dallow after lengthy negotiations.
A new media move makes a splash in the old world of print.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- NBR's Rob Hosking with budget analysis. No lolly scramble but sweeteners aplenty
- Grant Thornton tax partner Murray Brewer with his take on the tax package
- NBR’s Calida Smylie talks to CTU policy head Bill Rosenberg in the Budget 2017 lock up
- OMF Financial’s Nigel Brunel discusses the economic implications of the Budget
- MetroGlass CEO Nigel Rigby on the outlook and market share position
- David Seymour gives Gareth Morgan a serve as the latest political party donations are disclosed
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 19, with Grant Walker