For a select few of the world’s richest families, life at sea means travelling to all parts of the world from the comfort of their own homes.
That’s the formula for The World, a residential luxury superyacht the size of a cruise ship and an ocean residence for 142 families.
Chief executive and president of The World is Fort Lauderdale-based Pamela Conover, who tells NBR VIEW’s Hamish Coleman-Ross that the owners jointly choose an itinerary that takes them around the world at least once every two years – and to some of the remotest places on the globe.
Earlier this year these included the Ross Sea and various ports of call around New Zealand.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- The venture capital field is fraught with danger, Tim Hunter remarks
- Federated Farmers' Andrew Hoggard wants more consistency with RMA compliance
- AMP NZ managing director Blair Vernon on attitudes to replacement life insurance sales
- Labour shortages will be balanced by strong provincial growth over near term, says Infometrics' Gareth Kiernan
- NBR Radio: The best interviews – updated daily